The external trade turnover between Tajikistan and France for 2019 amounted to 5,8 million US dollars.
It should be noted that about 10 companies and enterprises of France currently operate in Tajikistan, including Airbus, Alstom, Auchan, Coyne et Bellier, Gemalto, Isover Saint-Gobain, L'Oreal, Michelin, Nutristar, Sofreco and others.
On 7th of November 2019, within the framework of his official visit to France, the Founder of Peace and National Unity, Leader of the Nation, President of Tajikistan Emomali Rahmon met in Paris with the respected French business and investment community representatives, as a result of which new cooperation documents were signed for further intensification of commercial relations between the two countries:
- MoU on cooperation between the Tajikistan's State Unitary Enterprise (SUE) Tojinvest and MEDEF International, French Republic.
- Agreement on cooperation between Tajik Aluminium Company (TALCO) and Fives Group in the amount of € 200 million, with €52 million for the reconstruction of production line of the burned anode at the first stage. It is worth noting that the anode production line was built 45 years ago by Fives Group.
- A tripartite agreement on cooperation between TALCO, Fives Group and the German company RIEDHAMMER for the import of modern technology for the reconstruction of TALCO’s anode production line.
- An agreement on cooperation between the Airbus and Somon Air on the import of helicopters.
- An agreement on cooperation between the Laboratoire INNOTECH International and SIFAT PHARMA.
- An agreement on cooperation between the “Amid” LLC and the Schiever Group on the creation of a shopping center in the Bobojon Ghafurov district of Sughd Province.
- Memorandum on cooperation between the state institution “Formation and Development of Entrepreneurship of Tajikistan” and “ITC School Ecole42” computer programming school.