The National Border Management Strategy of the Republic of Tajikistan and its Implementation Plan of the Republic of Tajikistan was approved by the Decree of the Government of the Republic of Tajikistan dated 29 April 2010 with the purpose of determining priority directions of State border protection, increasing level of economic and trade wellbeing of the country through the development of the State border protection and management, as well as protection of the rights and interests of citizens in the State border line area. The funding of the Strategy is under the grants of international organizations and at the expense of the budget of the Main Department of Border troops of the State Committee of National Security of the Republic of Tajikistan.
The implementation Plan of the Strategy is estimated for 2010-2025 and envisages the specific activities of the state authorized structures for State border management. The Plan includes three phases – short term phase (2010 – 2014 years), mid-term phase (2015-2020/25) and long-term phase (2025 and further).
On 1 August 2011, for the purpose of review of the process of implementing the Strategy and its implementation Plan, there was established the National coordination group. The chair of the National coordination group is the first Deputy Chairman of the State Committee of National Security of the Republic of Tajikistan, who submits annually reports to the Government of the Republic of Tajikistan about the implemented activities in the framework of the Strategy.
The deputy ministers and heads of the related ministries and authorities, who are anyhow responsible for the State border management process, are included in the team of the National interagency coordination group. National coordination group adopts appropriate decisions, which are obligatory for implementation by all members of the Group.
With the view of timely implementation of the decisions of the National coordination group and the Plan of implementation, on 12 February 2013, at the National coordination group session was established Interagency secretariat. The Interagency secretariat is headed by the Secretary – head of appropriate department of the Main Department of border troops of the National security State committee and the members of the Interagency secretariat are all representatives of the state structures, which are members of the National coordination group.
For the period of recent years, under the direction and coordination of National coordination group and Interagency secretariat, there have been carried out series of important activities:
- on the basis of Plan of activities on border facility construction in the periods of 2011-2012, there were constructed and commissioned 11 border facilities, including 2 border units and 7 border posts;
- here were completed repair-and-renewal works in 8 border posts;
- during the year of 2013 construction activities have been continuing in other 10 facilities;
- with the support of the foreign donors, there have been constructed and equipped 3 posts, 1 border check-point and repair-and-renewal works of three facilities have been completed;
- complex construction of the 3 customs posts, reconstruction activities in 2 customs posts and repair-and-renewal works in 8 customs posts have been completed;
- 76 diesel generators, 12 scanner machine and 3 weighting machine have been purchased for motor road check-points.
For more detailed information about the whole activities of the Interagency secretariat and implementation of the of National strategy of border management and its implementation Plan, please see: www.bms.tj